A Well-Fed World
Feeding Families/Saving Animals
Excerpts from http://www.AWFW.org:
A Well-Fed World is a hunger relief and animal protection organization chipping away at two of the world’s most immense, unnecessary and unconscionable forms of suffering… the suffering of people hungry from lack of food, and the suffering of animals used and abused for food.
We have a positive, practical, and action-led approach that produces immediate assistance for those in need and structural change for lasting results.
- plant-based feeding & farming programs
- farm animal care & rescue efforts
- vegan advocacy & community building
We provide funding and material assistance in the U.S. and globally to immediately empower groups helping people and animals in need.
We create original research and publications, and use targeted outreach to advance structural change for far-reaching, long-term benefits.
We connect with a broad range of social justice organizations around eating green in general and reducing animal consumption in particular.
Our Plant-Based Focus
We highlight the benefits of reducing (ideally eliminating) the consumption of animal-sourced foods because of its:
- immense and immediate potential for positive change
- relative ease in implementing
- compatibility with other reforms
A “well-fed” world is one in which…
- all people have enough food, and the right kinds of food. The right kinds of food maximize well-being and minimize harm… to people, animals, and the planet.
- people are not under-fed and undernourished, dying by the millions of “diseases of poverty,” such as: hunger, nutrient deficiency, and dehydration.
- people are not over-fed and malnourished, dying by the millions of “diseases of affluence,” such as: heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes.
- food is produced and distributed in ways that prioritize the common good. The food system is one that nourishes people, protects animals, and replenishes the planet.